CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, January 30, 2009

Home Level Management

Well, as parents, we're qualified managers. I'm sure of it. I know I am. I might not have a sheet of paper stating that I passed a multilevel management course, but I know full well that I have the skills to pull the job off. Just the fact that I am a mother of five children, ages ranging from 6 to 14, and we manage to keep a daily schedule, get three meals on the table, keep the house clean, stay on top of daily schoolwork, and sort through emotional/social issues, is enough proof. And that's just a tiny bit of what our exciting lifestyle entails. :-)

So, since I'm qualified to do so, :-P, I will venture to state something about home management:

Our aim, as parents, is to secure peak performance from our children by nudging them to realize their full potential. Sometimes we walk a fine line between offering support and encouragement and pushing a bit. Well, don't be afraid to prod and shove a little (when appropriate). Don't be afraid to maintain high ethical standards. There have got to be clearly defined rights and wrongs. In the ends our kids will be thankful that we believed in them enough to encourage their best. The key is LOVE. Real love will see the potential and positively fuel the flame of that potential.

Above all things, have love. Because love really is the most powerful force in the universe.

0 comments: